Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Music Shuffle

Thanks to Justin and Micaela, I'm so excited to shuffle my itunes folder and and see what music pops up. Like I'm sure everyone who has done this before me, I hope nothing too embarrassing finds it's way on this list.

1. The Runner - Kings of Leon
2. Tattoo - Joseph Arthur (reminds me of my time in Brooklyn)
3. Pickup Truck - Kings of Leon
4. Overprotected - Britney Spears
5. Come on Over Baby - Christina Aguilera (hello embarrassment!)
6. Thinking About You - Norah Jones
7. Sunrise - Norah Jones
8. Black Balloon - Goo Goo Dolls
9. Photograph - Weezer
10. Edge of Town - Ghostland Observatory (AMAZING band! synth beats are the way to my heart)
11. Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show (one of my favorite songs ever, by one of my favorite bands.... and my good friend's wedding song)
12. Everywhere - Tim McGraw
13. More Than Human - White Zombie (awkward!)
14. 9 Crimes - Damien Rice
15. Human - The Killers
16. Because of You - Kelly Clarkson
17. Infra-Red - Placebo
18. My Hero - Foo Fighters
19. Zelda Theme - Deadmau5
20. Mi Amigo - Kings of Leon
21. The Reward is Cheese - Deadmau5
22. Perfume - Damien Rice
23. Minglewood Blues - Old Crow Medicine Show
24. Nothin' Better To Do - Leanne Rhimes
25. Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend (LOVED watching this band live at ACL!)


I have so many other bands I love, but for some reason the same ones kept popping up. Some of the more pop oriented songs I listen to while working out, and Deadmau5 is awesome for keeping a steady pace!

I don't like paying money for music (as cheap as that sounds), so I love listening to Pandora to discover new bands, and Grooveshark when I want to listen to one band's entire collection.

7 comments:

Justin Ozuna said...

Hahaha on the white zombie. I'm having flashbacks to 8th grade.

I love Deadmau5. It's great music to work out to! The next time I'm there I'll set you up to download more music and give you a patch for your eye. That way you'll feel better about pirating music. Just don't kill anybody.

Katie said...

Hahaha thanks bro. White Zombie is on there because I used to listen to it while I was running! I bet you have
Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" on yours. bahaha

Justin Ozuna said...

It's what I blast when I forget my coffee in the morning.

Btw, I saw this list and and had to go listen to Damien Rice. I love the O album!

Claire Kiefer said...

9 Crimes is one of my very favorite Damien Rice songs, and really one of my favorite songs period (because like synth is the way to your heart, piano is the way to mine!). Oh that song is so haunting! I love it almost as much as I love Accidental Babies which really makes me weep.

I did a list too and it was just as random--a little bit of classic rock, a little pop, some singer songwriters, some serious hip hop, ha!

Micaela said...

these posts are so much fun to read!!! damien rice... man oh man 9 crimes is what i listen to when i have a broken heart.

i miss Norah Jones (haven't played her in awhile) and The Killers! "everywhere"-- such a good country song :)

GASP-- i've never heard of Deadmau5! i'm going to have to check them out.

#2- don't you love how songs instantly bring you back to a time and place? in any mixed tape i make someone, i tell them it would be the soundtrack of my life; my personal time machine bringing back to so many things.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I literally SQUEALED when I saw I had so many posts!

Claire - I'll have to listen Accidental Babies (or maybe I've heard it, I'm bad with song titles). I do love me some guitar, especially John Mayer!

Micaela - I DO love that about music - It can take back to a certain time or place or mood. I have a whole mix that I used to listen to as a rode the subway in NYC, and tatto was on there. Also, Sparks by Coldplay, which I know you'll appreciate! My favorite on the Subway mix - Strange and Beautiful by Aqualung... It's so HAUNTING.