Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February Happiness

I am so happy today, I could just burst into a cloud of floating hearts. Yes I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I had such a fantastic Valentine's Day, followed tonight by the BEST birthday surprise! First my lovely Valentine's Day...

I'm such an affectionate person, and have always loved Valentine's Day. Sure, I went through a trendy phase of telling people I hated it, but even then I would run home from school to find a Valentine from my daddy, along with a box of chocolates. Nothing has changed:
"To: Katie From: A Secret Admirer" in my dad's impeccable handwriting

This completely made my day, just as it always has. My dad is not one to make sweet gestures all the time, so these special presents mean the world to me. Added to that was the amazing mixed CD (my favorite present to receive!) from Justin, along with this beautiful card:

She said: "We'll never be more than friends" 
He said: "I'm going down there to win her heart"

I teared up when I read those quotes, because they are both things we said the day before we met for the first time. After years of talking on the phone, fighting, then not speaking for months, I told him I'd never want to to date him and we could only be friends. He told his sister he was coming to Austin to win my heart, and he absolutely did. That time seems like another life, somewhere in the distant past, and it always reminds me of how far we've come. 

So, what could top those sweet tokens of amour? Today, after a brutal spin class, I arrived home to a big envelope from Stub Hub. I had no clue what was in there, wasn't particularly interested in it. Then, to my total surprise, when I opened it I found two tickets to WICKED, my all-time FAVORITE Broadway Show!! Not only am I seeing Wicked next weekend, I'm seeing at it the historic Majestic Theater:

We'll be on the right, towards the front!

The Majestic Theater is seriously gorgeous inside. The ceiling is blue like the sky, with little lights that look like stars. What makes this even better?? Justin is just as excited as I am to see it! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have someone that appreciates art as much as I do.

His idea for this weekend? Going to the market to find cheap art. LOVE. lovelovelove.

1 comment:

Justin Ozuna said...

I had the most awesome weekend ever! I'm glad that your birthday was something special. And I'm glad that we finally picked a place on the riverwalk!! :)

I love your blog postings. I know you have a ton going on, but I'd love to read more of them!