Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jack3d

In an attempt to create a healthier life for myself I've gotten back into a workout routine. Yes, I would like to lose weight, and yes I would like to be more fit, but most of all I don't want it to be another phase that I eventually drift out of.

I've always had a fairly healthy diet, but exercise often falls by the wayside when I get busy with work, school, and my long distance relationship. The other problem with working out is that I find it soooo boring! Playing soccer for almost 20 years really ruined me for anything non-competitive, and if you ask my lovely boyfriend, he'll tell you that I'm too competitive to play any sport I'm not good at. [Picture crocodile tears, pouting, frustration.... Really it's not pretty] 

That being said, I have definitely found love in an early morning cycling class, and pre-workout supplement that keeps me energized throughout my workout and the rest of the day:


Yes, that's Jacked, with a 3 instead of an "e"

The name is completely ridiculous, but this stuff seriously works. I remember texting Justin, pre-Jack3d, after a couple cycling classes: "Want to puke. Call later." Ha! Now, instead of feeling worthless the rest of the day after a workout, I feel completely energized. I'm also totally focused while I'm working out, so I concentrate on my form and can keep going longer. For instance this morning I went to a cycling class, then a yoga class, and 6 hours later I still feel really great! Not cracked out or hyper, but just energized. 

I've been pimping this stuff out like Jack3d is paying me, but I'm just so happy with the results. The best benefit is that it makes working out more fun. I'm energized, pushing myself during the workout, and afterwards I feel great. I think that's the key to sticking with it... enjoying what you're doing.

Oh, and props to Justin for introducing me to it, because I KNOW he wants credit ;)

5 comments:

Justin Ozuna said...

Hahaha duhhh I want credit!! I swear we should get paid to be spokespeople. Typical reviews on message boards usually look like this:

msg: Didnt work!!
This iz bulcrap. I ganed wate on this stuf. Dont waste ur time. I took it in tha morning and by end of da day i aint lost shit.

Micaela said...

i'm going to have to try this stuff! can you get it anywhere? or a vitamin store? deets please! :)

Katie said...

Mickey, YES, you can get it at any vitamin store, or online. I love the lemon/lime flavor, but they also have it in grape and berry (I think). It's about $30, but that's for at least a 45 day supply (you can take 1-3 scoops, and 1 works great for me). It also helps burn fat, and in the last week I can see that I've lost a little in my midsection. I lived in EP I would definitely give you a sample to try!

Oh my goodness, that reminds me of a funny story about Justin. When I tried on dresses for our date to see Wicked, I tried one on that was semi-tight, felt pretty sexy, and showed Justin:

me: "So how does it look?" (thinking he would definitely like it)
Justin: "Ummm yeah. It just looks a little bulgy in the middle..."

HAHAHA, talk about an honest answer right? I bought it anyways because I loved it, and spent double on a body suit that sucked in my belly!

i said someday.... said...

Ohhhhh, I'm going to buy some too! I gotta get back to the gym with Marianne, summer's coming!!

Katie said...

Steph, you should!!! This stuff is amazing! You and Marianne will love it!