Tuesday, May 4, 2010

meet me in...

Gruene, Texas.

I took my sweet soulmate here for a day date, and fell in love.


The old antique-y photo place


Hamburgers on the river (I'm a sucker for a good burger with jalapenos and cheese)


At a wine tasting, splitting a bottle of wine.
(we joked that our bottle of strawberry dessert wine looked like a bottle of boone's farm)



This was the best dessert I've ever had. A brownie cake, with fresh strawberries and homemade vanilla ice cream. Plus our strawberry wine... I was in heaven.


a little cheese :)


listening to a local band and drinking beers


sunset


J said if we end up getting married, we should get married here in this little town. I said we should start with a weekend at the local B&B, with tubing on the river, and a show at the famous Gruene Dance Hall ;)

These pictures make me so happy, especially on days when the distance between San Antonio to Dallas feels as large as an ocean.

2 comments:

Micaela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

haha i did, but he definitely takes it to heart so i tried to go easy on him. :) i think we might go down this next round though... luckily for him i'm on board with the rangers!

we laughed about the boone's farm too... i'm no wine expert, so when i picked out this dessert wine over all the fancy ones, the wine seller gave me a little look of disappointment, haha.