Sunday, May 30, 2010

Apart

I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long.  If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night. 
 ~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

Long distance is hard in every sense of the word. Communication without the comfort of physical touch, hours of conversation without a glimpse of their face... it's a relationship without two of the five senses a person uses to express and receive love. 

Justin and I have been doing this for almost a year now, and it never gets easier. Only harder. We get sad to leave each other days in advance instead of hours, the feeling of sadness is more intense, and we're never really sure when our schedules will allow us to see each other again. I'm aware that so many more people have it harder than us, much much harder, and that is comforting at times. Mostly though, I just miss my best friend. 



Our very first picture together, on the very first night we met :)

No comments: